In an attempt to keep up with my new habit of more honestly evaluating my work, and also posting Anamaniacs gifs, here’s another installment of where I think I did well and where I think I need to focus harder. To start, I’ll just repost the goals from last time:
- One baked good/dessert sort of thing per day
- At least 2 veggies AND 2 fruit servings daily
- 3 strength workouts
- 5 conditioning workouts
- Less than 50% processed foods
- At least 20 consecutive minutes AWAY from my desk every day
So how did I do? Well…not as well as I would have liked. This week turned out to be a culmination of extra busy, car issues, kid’s lacrosse camp, awful sleep, and extra work hours, and a lot of things fell through the cracks.
What I did well:
- 2-4 veggies every day
- 2 strength workouts a week (might still pull off three this week)
- 2-3 conditioning workouts a week
- Continued the less sugar route
- Reduced my processed foods by about 10%
What I’m aiming for now:
- One truly worthwhile sweet a day
- At least 2 fruit servings a day (right now I get NONE on most days!)
- 5 conditioning workouts a week, which include walks and yoga and essentially any purposeful movement that isn’t strength training
- Another 10% reduction in my processed food intake
- 20minute break every day at work – this week I missed a day so I’ve had ZERO breaks while trying to make up those hours and, as such, get paid for them
- 3 strength workouts – at least one done in the morning
I’m liking the way I feel after the workouts, but I’ll admit that I’m finding them a little bit boring. And with the warm up and cool down, all told they take about an hour. I’ve discovered that working out right before bed is a recipe for not sleeping. I’ve just been SO TIRED lately, but I’m still determined to try working out in the mornings instead. I might be exhausted, but getting it out of the way before the day even starts sounds pretty perfect right now.
I also retook my measurements and saw zero change. It was super frustrating, until I posted about it on the FB group for Nerd Fitness and realized a few other things I’ve done that are showing progress:
- One pair of my pants feels baggy now
- I’ve moved from the Recruit Workout to the Bodyweight 1 workout, and I’m ready to move to Bodyweight 2 now too
- I’m completing the workouts faster and some of the really miserable moves (lunges, Spidermans) are getting a little easier.
So I AM making progress. I’m not giving up. I’m also really enjoying the quest features on the revamped Nerd Fitness Academy site, which has now allowed me to give my “character” a goofy cool name and set myself up on the Assassin track (because how could I choose anything else?). I really am a nerd.